Find The Very Best Boat Rentals and Yacht Rentals in Miami, Florida.
19 - 36 of 506 listings
What to know about renting a boat and chartering a yacht in Miami
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat rental, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat rentals, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book bachelor and bachelorette parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat rental out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have Miami jet ski rentals, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, Miami pontoon rentals, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Renting a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
7 Reasons to Rent a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat rental or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat rental in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Try other top experiences in Miami
Miami Boat Rental FAQs
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Miami?
Boat rental prices in Miami vary significantly. You can find great deals on smaller boats for as cheap as $50/hour. Fancy yacht charters can cost up to several thousand for a day of cruising with a captain and crew.
Where can I take a boat in Miami?
There are many amazing boating destinations in Miami. Cruise to the sandbars like Nixon Sandbar or various party islands like Star Island and Fisher Island where you will see celebrity mansions. Check out Coconut Grove or Dry Tortugas National Park by boat rental in Miami.
Do you need a boat license to rent a boat in Miami?
Boat license rules in Florida and Miami depend on your age. If you were born after 1988 you will need to complete a boat safety education course and receive a safety identification card.
When does the boating season start in Miami?
Boating season in Miami is year-round - warm temperatures and lots of sunshine makes it possible to rent a boat at virtually any time of year. Hurricane season runs from June to November, but unless you see a hurricane in the forecast, chances are that it’s still a good time to rent a boat.
When is the best time to visit Miami?
The best time to visit Miami is during one of the big events in Miami like Art Basel, Ultra, Art Deco Weekend, Jazz Festivals, and more. You can go for the event and feel the excitement of the crowds, rent a boat and enjoy the Miami lifestyle.
What is the water temperature in Miami?
The water temperature in Miami is always in the 70s, with the low being around 71℉ and the high (typically in July) around 79℉.
Can you take a boat from Miami to the Bahamas?
Yes! Boat charters from Miami to the Bahamas are a great option for people looking to enjoy a boating vacation from Miami. The boat trip from Miami to the Bahamas takes about 2.5 hours, but you can extend the trip into multiple days if you want to stay overnight on your boat in the Bahamas.
Can anyone rent a boat in Miami, Florida?
To rent a boat in Miami (Florida) you must be 18 years of age and have completed a boater safety education course. If you have a boating license from another state, this can apply to the requirements to rent a boat here.
What types of boats can I rent in Miami?
Miami has many different types of boats to rent. Everything from pontoons to luxury motor yachts, sailing catamarans, fishing boats, and jet skis are available to rent for enjoying Miami on the water.
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
the Captain was very dope and the services he gave us was bomb.... We had so much fun on the yacht. We had a ball... loved everything... We definitely rent the yacht again
Miguel and our captain were super friendly and accommodating!! I will definitely be staying in contact to book again. This was an amazing experience.
Everything was excellent. The experience was amazing. The captain was nice and made sure we had an excellent time on the boat.
Will and his stewardess were amazing. This is a beautiful vessel and they are very gracious host! We had an amazing time....Five star experience!
AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING crew. It’s very hard to find professional most importantly welcoming energy in Miami. This guys went above and beyond and truly served us with the best service possible. Can’t wait to book them again !!!!
Nice experience with my Family. Captain Egor was always attentive. I will recommend 100%.