Hello. We are GetMyBoat.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
GetMyBoat is the world’s largest boat rental & water experience marketplace. We have over 140,000 listings in 184 countries covering 9,300 destinations.
- App downloads.
- People sent boating.
- Booking requests.
Launched in San Francisco January 2013, GetMyBoat empowers owners of every type of boat, from kayaks to sailboats to motorboats, to post their watercraft for rent or charter for free. Anywhere in the world, from California to Croatia, our users search, find, and book every water experience.
CEO & CO-FOUNDER
Our mission is to open up the world of boating for both renters and owners. Boating enthusiasts get the benefits of worldwide inventory without the cost or headache of ownership. And as the average boat is only used 8% of the year, boat owners get the chance to make owning a boat more affordable by earning some income from their under-utilized asset.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
CHIEF EXPERIENCE OFFICER
We are everywhere.
Our talented independent team is globally distributed all over the world. We love the flexibility and productivity of working remotely, and we gain first-hand experience with boating communities all over the world.
We aim to enrich lives with meaningful experiences and joy. Our mascot, Joy™ , embodies the playfulness and fun that being near and on the water offers. Joy also represents our focus on being a champion to protect and defend the marine environment.
GetMyBoat in the press
- “GetMyBoat is the market leader with over 130,000 boats.”
- - Forbes
- “Four days before my desired launch date, GetMyBoat matched my party of five with NYCbySea, a boat-charter operation owned by Michael Lombardo. A father himself, Captain Michael had life preservers out and waiting for the two kiddos we brought with us. On a crisp fall Sunday, he took us on a two-hour tour of Lower Manhattan, past the Statue of Liberty and under more than a few bridges, on his 28-foot powerboat. New York at its finest.”
- - New York Times
- “Ever fancied chartering a yacht for a couple of hours and sunning yourself at sea? Available in over 184 countries, Get My Boat caters to every nautical whim - from booking spectacular 50-foot motor-yachts on the Amalfi coast, to catamarans in Croatia or boat parties in Barcelona. Your Instagram will thank you.”
- - Bazaar
- “While renting a boat in Miami may have been a more complicated process a few years ago, GetMyBoat will match you with whatever experience you’re looking for. Book an intimate short trip or blowout boat day with friends from the comfort of your phone — you won’t regret it.”
- - Forbes
- “A wise man once said, “The two best days of a boat-owners life is the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it.” With GetMyBoat, you don’t have to buy or sell a boat to get the most out of it. GetMyBoat is a rental network with tens of thousands of boats ready to go at a moment’s notice, so you can book a rental and set sail with zero headaches.”
- - USA Today
- “In Maryland, Streif said sailing and fishing charters are among the most popular experiences being offered and rented. She compared that to other places like in Miami where luxury cruises dominate, or in the Pacific Northwest where kayaking and whale watching is popular. Other rental options include powerboats, pontoons, RIBs, jetskis, diving lessons, houseboats, ferries, boat parties and more.”
- - Baltimore Business Journal