Find The Very Best Boat Rentals and Yacht Rentals in Miami, Florida.
1 - 18 of 519 listings
What to know about renting a boat and chartering a yacht in Miami
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat rental, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat rentals, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book bachelor and bachelorette parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat rental out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have Miami jet ski rentals, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, Miami pontoon rentals, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Renting a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
7 Reasons to Rent a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat rental or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat rental in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Try other top experiences in Miami
Miami Boat Rental FAQs
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Miami?
Boat rental prices in Miami vary significantly. You can find great deals on smaller boats for as cheap as $50/hour. Fancy yacht charters can cost up to several thousand for a day of cruising with a captain and crew.
Where can I take a boat in Miami?
There are many amazing boating destinations in Miami. Cruise to the sandbars like Nixon Sandbar or various party islands like Star Island and Fisher Island where you will see celebrity mansions. Check out Coconut Grove or Dry Tortugas National Park by boat rental in Miami.
Do you need a boat license to rent a boat in Miami?
Boat license rules in Florida and Miami depend on your age. If you were born after 1988 you will need to complete a boat safety education course and receive a safety identification card.
When does the boating season start in Miami?
Boating season in Miami is year-round - warm temperatures and lots of sunshine makes it possible to rent a boat at virtually any time of year. Hurricane season runs from June to November, but unless you see a hurricane in the forecast, chances are that it’s still a good time to rent a boat.
When is the best time to visit Miami?
The best time to visit Miami is during one of the big events in Miami like Art Basel, Ultra, Art Deco Weekend, Jazz Festivals, and more. You can go for the event and feel the excitement of the crowds, rent a boat and enjoy the Miami lifestyle.
What is the water temperature in Miami?
The water temperature in Miami is always in the 70s, with the low being around 71℉ and the high (typically in July) around 79℉.
Can you take a boat from Miami to the Bahamas?
Yes! Boat charters from Miami to the Bahamas are a great option for people looking to enjoy a boating vacation from Miami. The boat trip from Miami to the Bahamas takes about 2.5 hours, but you can extend the trip into multiple days if you want to stay overnight on your boat in the Bahamas.
Can anyone rent a boat in Miami, Florida?
To rent a boat in Miami (Florida) you must be 18 years of age and have completed a boater safety education course. If you have a boating license from another state, this can apply to the requirements to rent a boat here.
What types of boats can I rent in Miami?
Miami has many different types of boats to rent. Everything from pontoons to luxury motor yachts, sailing catamarans, fishing boats, and jet skis are available to rent for enjoying Miami on the water.
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
Alejandro is a great captain, his knowledge of the area was awesome and he was very easy to communicate with prior to the trip. We had a great day exploring the Miami waterways with Alejandro and look forward to our next trip with him!
Most definitely will lock his number in, and spread the word, he was very negotiable with last min expanding our on sea time. It was nice of him, he had all kinds of toys water toys the kids loved the boat very pretty, very clean and his hospitality was driven. Captain was sweet as well. Thanks again. Ordering the boat was easy and convenient i will always use Getmyboat.com
We had a great experience with Fernando, he was on time and very helpful. The entire group had a blast and there was plenty of space on the boat. Will def do this again. Totally recommended.
AMAZING SERVICE from Marcel and our Capt. Alex. I found out about GetMyBoat and had send out inquires to a few people and Marcel was the ONLY one to respond quick and he explained everything upfront no hidden fees or anything. Wonderful communication and just an overall wonderful time. Out Capt. Alex was so fun and a wonderful tour guide and showed us Miami. Marcel and Capt. Alex is a great example of beyond great customer service. Thank you very much for this experience since it was my first time.
45' Sea Ray Sundancer up to 12 guests as Low as $ 275 per hr - water toys included: water carpet, paddle board, floating noodles, goggles..! Very clean and well maintained Yacht!
We all are very satisfactory in all appearances including the service and will be planning another trip in the near future also will be strongly recommended.
Amazing time! We had a group of six and they treated us amazingly. We had such a great time and will be recommending to everyone! We had a blast!!! Thankful for them!