The Best Boat Rentals in Miami, Florida
1 - 18 of 466 listings
What to know about renting a boat and chartering a yacht in Miami
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat rental, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat rentals, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book bachelor and bachelorette parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat rental out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have jet ski rentals, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, party pontoon rentals, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Renting a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
7 Reasons to Rent a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat rental or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat rental in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
Jesse and his team were great hosts. They made everything easy for our guests. We booked on the afternoon of the charter, very short notice, and they pulled it off without a hitch. The "Betsy" was very well appointed and had all the special items you would expect. Jesse spent a good deal of time on the phone explaining the details before our trip, this made our preparation and logistics much easier. Our group highly recommends Jesse and his crew.
Very straightforward negotiation. Easy transaction and great communication with the owner. We had a great day aboard of this nice jet boat. I’d recommend Marco and his boat to anyone looking for a unique moment in Miami.
If you’re ever in Miami and looking for an exceptional experience with amazing staff and navigation expertise, James is your guy! I will definitely be back for more trips with his boat, I can not believe what a dream it was.
What a great way to celebrate our girl on her bachelorette party! The crew was so much fun which added to our already perfect boat day! I highly recommend using this boat for your next outing!
This was a girls trip weekend surprise and we had an absolute ball. The original reservation had to get switched around a bit but they were able to get us accommodated and no one had a clue the reservation had been switched. Brian was an excellent captain in Alex’s absence. Thanks for the great time!
Great size boat, really sleek and modern with space to lay on the front and sit out back. James’ communication was super quick and efficient. Our captain for the day was kind, helpful and knowledgable about the whole area! Nothing was too much trouble, a fantastic experience!