The waters around Portland, Oregon, offer a diverse range of boating experiences, from serene lakes to more expansive rivers, ensuring that boaters of all levels and preferences can enjoy the beautiful scenery and outdoor activities available in the region.

Operators affiliated with GetMyBoat are obligated to adhere to all applicable local laws and regulations while operating their boats. This encompasses obtaining necessary registrations, passes, and permits, ensuring compliance with vessel and captain prerequisites, utilizing designated docks and approved commercial boating areas, and fulfilling any other legal or facility-related requirements.

Commercial Insurance:

GetMyBoat does not provide insurance directly through the platform. Operators of watercraft must ensure they have appropriate insurance that covers their vessels for rentals or charters. If you need insurance information, we can suggest our partner, Boat Charter Insurance.

Captain's License:

To obtain your captain's license, take advantage of exclusive discounts on USCG-approved online courses offered by our partner, Mariners Learning System. Use the promo code GETMYBOAT10 during checkout for a 10% discount on all products. This is the quickest route to acquiring your captain's license and completing any necessary safety or training refreshers

More information can be found here on selecting the correct captain options

  • Captain included in the price
  • Captain arranged separately
  • Captain not included

Pick up / Drop off Location:

M. James Gleason Memorial Boat Ramp


For every non-motorized vessel, is required to have a noise-emitting tool (typically a whistle) for each vessel and a US Coast Guard-approved life jacket with appropriate labeling for the specific activity for every individual on board the vessel.

Non-motorized vessels that are 10 feet or longer need a Waterway Access Permit for each vessel in use. Rental businesses dealing with non-motorized vessels will benefit from a reduced rate for these permits, which can be obtained directly from the online store of the Oregon State Marine Board.

Vessels exceeding 16 feet, excluding canoes and kayaks, necessitate a throwable flotation device. As for any motorized vessel, including electric-powered boards like e-hydrofoils, it must be titled and registered in Oregon. Additionally, if the vessel is operated during nighttime, navigation lights are mandatory. For vessels ranging from 16 to 24 feet in length, throwable flotation devices are required. Other mandatory items include a noise-producing device, a fire extinguisher if the fuel tank is enclosed, appropriately sized life jackets for each individual on board, and if the vessel has over 10 horsepower, each renter must possess either a Boater Education Card or complete a watercraft rental safety checklist.

Additional Rules: