All operators affiliated with Getmyboat must adhere to legal requirements and ensure full compliance with local guidelines. This entails acquiring appropriate registrations, passes, and permits, and meeting vessel and captain criteria. They are also responsible for utilizing designated docks and approved boating zones for commercial activities, in addition to complying with any other stipulations mandated by local laws and facility regulations

Lake Ray Hubbard, a popular recreational hub, offers boating, fishing, swimming, and camping opportunities galore. The lake's diverse fishery, teeming with white and hybrid striped bass, largemouth bass, channel and blue catfish, and white crappie, makes it a paradise for anglers. Designated fishing areas provide ample space for casting a line and reeling in a catch.


To ensure the safety of passengers, businesses, and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory obligations while operating a boat for hire, acquiring suitable commercial and marine insurance coverage is vital. We suggest contacting our trusted partner, Boat Charter Insurance (BCI), for valuable advice regarding the necessary insurance coverage

Pick Up / Drop off:

We suggest utilizing the Lake Ray Hubbard Rockwall NE Boat Ramp for your boating needs. Additionally, there are several other available locations for boating operations.

Party Boat Operator License:

To operate a charter vessel (excluding sailboats) carrying over six passengers, measuring 30 feet or longer, and operating on inland waters, one must hold a Party Boat Operator License. The sole exception is if the operator possesses a USCG OUPV License or a higher level of Captain's License.

For additional details on obtaining a Party Boat License, please refer to the provided link.

Party Boat License

USCG License:

If you need to acquire a U.S. Coast Guard license, Getmyboat has collaborated with Mariners Learning System to streamline the certification process. Use the promo code GETMYBOAT10 for 10% off all products.


To register your boat, you will need to provide the following information:

The boat's hull identification number (HIN)
The length of the boat
Purchase date
The type of motor(s) on the boat
Your name and address

For your convenience, here is a direct link to update or obtain a new registration in the State of Texas.

Additional information:

You are obligated to possess a valid boater education certificate, a necessity for all individuals born after September 1, 1993, who operate motorized watercrafts exceeding 15HP or wind-propelled vessels longer than 14ft.

Additionally, your boat needs to be titled and registered in the state of Texas, a requirement encompassing all motorized boats, irrespective of length, sailboats measuring 14 feet or more, or any sailboat equipped with auxiliary engine(s). For USCG Documented vessels, registration is mandatory (no title will be provided).

Moreover, it is imperative for your boat to carry the prescribed safety equipment, encompassing a life jacket for every individual on board, a fire extinguisher, a first-aid kit, and a sound-producing device.

Lastly, adherence to all other relevant boating laws and regulations is crucial. This encompasses compliance with laws concerning navigation, anchoring, and fishing.

Helpful Resources: