Operators on Getmyboat must comply with all local laws and regulations governing commercial boat operations, including obtaining the necessary registrations, passes, and permits; meeting vessel and captain requirements; using designated docks and boating areas; and adhering to all other stipulations set forth by local laws and facility regulations.
Corpus Christi, on the Gulf Coast, is graced with two vibrant bodies of water: Corpus Christi Bay and Nueces Bay. Corpus Christi Bay, a shallow, sheltered bay, is a paradise for fishing, boating, and swimming. It is also home to a diverse array of wildlife, including dolphins, pelicans, and sea turtles.
Pick Up / Drop off:
We suggest utilizing Corpus Christi Marina for your boating needs, as they provide slips suitable for both recreational and commercial vessels.
In order to ensure the safety of your passengers, and uphold compliance with legal and regulatory standards while operating a boat for hire, it's crucial to possess suitable commercial and marine insurance coverage. We advise you to contact our affiliated partner, Boat Charter Insurance (BCI), for valuable guidance regarding the necessary insurance coverage.
Party Boat Operator License:
A Party Boat Operator License is necessary for individuals who operate a charter vessel (excluding sailboats) that carries more than six passengers, is 30 feet or longer in length, and operates on inland waters. The sole exemption applies to operators holding a USCG OUPV License or a higher level of Captain's License.
For additional details regarding the Party Boat License, you can refer to the information available here:
If you need to secure a U.S. Coast Guard license, Getmyboat has collaborated with Mariners Learning System to simplify the certification process.
Getmyboat's Affiliate: Mariners Learning System
Use the promo code GETMYBOAT10 for 10% off all products
In order to complete the boat registration, you must furnish the subsequent details:
- Your personal name and address
- The hull identification number (HIN) of the boat
- The length of the boat
- The specifications of the motor(s) on the boat
- The purchase date
For swift registration or updates in the State of Texas, access the direct link provided
- Boat operators must be a minimum of 16 years old and possess a valid driver's license.
- Operating personal watercraft (PWCs) is prohibited for children under 13.
- The legal blood alcohol concentration (BAC) limit for boat operators is 0.08%.
- Boats need to be registered with the City of Corpus Christi, displaying a current registration decal.
- Boats must operate at a safe speed and avoid creating a wake that could endanger other vessels or individuals.
- Operating boats within 100 feet of swimmers, fishing piers, or designated areas is not allowed.
- Discharging any pollutants into the water from boats is strictly prohibited.
- Boats are required to carry the following safety equipment:
- First-aid kit
- Visual distress signals
- Life jackets for all passengers
- Fire extinguisher